This walk starts at The Marr next to the Duke of Cumberland pub.
- Follow the road up towards the fells and Jockey Shields. There is quite a lot of up hill on this bit so pace yourself. You’ll pass though a small wood and come out on the fell side with a wonderful view of Geltsdale. Continue along this easier bit of road until you come to a small white house where the road veers right. Directly in front of you is a rough track heading steeply down hill.
- Go down this track until you get to the bridge at the bottom. Once at the bridge cross it and follow the path to the left. Keep following the track upwards until it comes to an end and leads onto another. Turn left here and walking until you reach the road.
- Once you reach the road, follow the signs to Talkin. When you reach Talkin, you can stop for a refreshment at the Blacksmith Arms or continue on.
- At the cross roads at Talkin, continue straight ahead towards Talkin Tarn. Keep walking along this road until you reach the old Tarn End Hotel. Here you will find a gate leading to Talkin Tarn.
- Walk round the Tarn and enjoy all it has to offer. Take a break in the café, go out on one of the pleasure boats or simply relax. When your ready to leave, head back to the same gate you came in by and head back to Talkin.
- Once at the cross roads at Talkin turn right until you reach the main road. At the main road turn right again and continue on the road until you see the public footpath entrance at the first corner on the left.
- Follow the footpath and cross the wooden bridge over to Green Well. Follow the footpath carefully through the garden and back to the road and turn left. Follow this road through another garden and onto a farm track.
- Keep following the farm track until you reach a small bridge with another farm track to the right of it. Take the track on the right until it comes to a junction with a track on the left. Go along the track on the left until you reach the main road again, where you will turn right.
- Follow the main road through the village until you reach the junction with The Marr and the Duke of Cumberland again.