Killhope is a lead mining museum is situated in the Durham Dales of the North of England. It is approximately 30 miles away from Castle Carrock. The Killhope Museum has a lot to offer including:
- Visitor centre and café – where you can find get refreshments and find out more about Killhope.
- National spar box collection – see world famous mineral specimens and how the miners would use them.
- Washing floor – have a go at finding gems in silt.
- Mine trip – take a tour down the 19th century mine.
- Park level mill – see the largest waterwheel in the North of England which is still used today.
- Wildlife hides – see some of the wonderful wildlife the Pennines has to offer.